Now samsung galaxy s3 users can enable ICS 4.0.4 with this rom.Thanks to the XDA developer for developing this speedy and super rom for free.This rom has been included with stock applications and we can also remove it as our wish.Let’s check out the detailed guide to install this update.
Pre-requisites to update ICS android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy S3
- The Galaxy SIII must charged at least 50-60%, otherwise the installation does not complete successfully.
- Clock recovery mod must be installed
- Import your Contacts to your SD card,after a importing a .vcf file will be created which would contain all the contacts which you can later on export.
- Take a backup of call records, Messages, Notes It is recommended that during the process of it updation can cause loss of data following.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Enter “Settings” and select “Applications” from where your will see a option “Development “just tick USB debugging there and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- All antivirus and firewall on the PC and the phone must be turned off.
- To install the patch correctly, please read the prerequisites correctly.
Steps to update ICS android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy S3
- First of all download the following packages :Official development thread
- Connect your galaxy s3 using USb cable to your PC.
- Turn off your phone and enter the recovery mode
- To enter recovery mode Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down button + Power Button till the time your phone restarts.
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ Select File”Downloaded file from official thread”
- Wait for 7-8 minutes it would get flashed and reboot your phone and check the firmware details
Hope you have successfully installed this custom rom.If you are not able to install it please share the trouble with us so we can help you. Happy android tweaks.
Note-This update is only for Samsung galaxy sIII and for not any other Samsung phones.
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place in your phone while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage take in your phone while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.